By default, the Start screen appears whenever we launch Photoshop CC without first selecting an image or document to open along with it. It also appears each time we close out of a document and have no other documents open on the screen. Any recently-opened files appear as thumbnails in the center of the Start screen. Let’s see how to clear recent files in Photoshop CC.
Steps to Clear Recent Files from Adobe Photoshop CC
In order to clear recently opened files in Adobe Photoshop CC follow the below steps.
- Open Adobe Photoshop CC application
- Goto File –> Open Recent
- And Click “Clear Recent File List” as shown in below screenshot.
Remove Recent Files from Welcome Screen
By default, the Welcome screen appears wherever we launch Photoshop CC. And it displays most recently opened files in Thumbnails view as shown in below screenshot. Here, we’ll focus on how to disable the Start screen and work without it:
- To disable the Welcome screen, all we need to do is deselect it in Photoshop’s Preferences.
- On a Windows PC, go up to the Edit menu in the Menu Bar along the top of the screen, choose Preferences, and then choose General.
- On a Mac (which is what I’m using here), go up to the Photoshop CC menu, choose Preferences, then choose General:
- This opens the Preferences dialog box set to the General options.
- Look for the option that says “Disable the Home Screen”. Click Disable the Home screen as shown in below screenshot.
- You’ll need to quit and relaunch Photoshop for the change to take effect.
- To quit Photoshop, on a Windows PC, go up to the File menu at the top of the screen and choose Exit.
- On a Mac, go up to the File menu and choose Quit Photoshop CC:
- Then, relaunch Photoshop the same way you normally would.
- When Photoshop opens, the Start screen will not appear. Instead, you’ll see an empty workspace.
That’s it!!! You need not clear the recent history each and every time while using Adobe Photoshop CC.
Adobe Photoshop is an image editor developed by Adobe Inc. Widely considered as one of the most powerful image editors in the market, Adobe Photoshop is equipped with advanced features that can cater to a wide range of artistic professionals and hobbyists. It has amazing photo editing tools that can take a photographer’s pictures to the next level, but it also provides digital illustrators with a blank canvas and limitless tools and possibilities.
Photoshop is not a beginner-friendly app, but it is definitely worth learning. Its large selection of features and options ensures that designers will have everything they need to get started. Even animators can now work with Photoshop thanks to Photoshop’s animation feature. The support for other Adobe programs also makes it a versatile app that can interoperate with other media editors. Whether you’re a photographer or illustrator, professional or hobbyist, Adobe Photoshop has the tools that can make your vision a reality.