In this article, I will help you to set up your Gmail account in Outlook 2016 for Mac. This tutorial applies to Office 365 Small Business, Outlook 2016 Office for business, Office 365 Admin, Office 365 Small Business Admin, Outlook 2016 for Mac.
Quick Tip: What to you your Gmail ID creation date; then checkout, Know Your Gmail Account Creation Date
Even though Gmail comes with lots of features, it is not that much user friendly. Most of the Business Organisations prefer Outlook as their default email application because it’s highly user friendly.
Outlook email client can handle multiple POP3, IMAP or Exchange email accounts, connecting to the email servers to retrieve the messages. Configuring a new account is not so difficult, it’s easy than you think.
Feature-rich email client for daily use
Preserving the familiar ribbon interface,
Outlook makes it easy for you to keep in touch with business partners, customers and friends alike, while working in an intuitive environment.
Adding email signature in Outlook is also easy.
How to Configure Gmail Account in Outlook 2016
Follow the below step by step tutorial to add your gmail account to Outlook 2016 in Mac operating system.
- First, Sign in to your Gmail account.
- In the upper right corner, choose the Google Apps button and click My Account.
- Choose Connected apps and sites.
- Set Allow less secure apps to ON.
- Close the window
- Now come back to Gmail page. In the right corner choose Settings.
- On the page, choose Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Next to IMAP Access, choose Enable IMAP.
- At the bottom of the page, choose Save Changes.
- Now launch Outlook 2016 from Applications folder.
- In Menu bar choose Outlook and Click Preferences (Shortcut Key is CMD Key + , (Comma))
- Under Personal Settings, select Accounts.
- Now select “Other Email” to add your Gmail account in Outlook.
- Enter your Gmail ID and Password and click “Add Account”.
- Make sure that you have selected “Configure Automatically” option as shown in below screenshot.
- It just takes few seconds for the Outlook to verify your account username and password.And it loads all emails from Google server to your local disk.
You can notice a “Green Icon” next to your Gmail ID in Left Panel. It means that your account as been added successfully without any error.
I personally prefer Outlook over other email applications. It’s loaded with lots of options and highly user friendly.