Recently I updated Office 365 and the Outlook emails are displayed without any line separators between mail messages. It was looking like a total mess and managing emails was very difficult. Therefore, I added vertical lines in outlook message pane to fix the issue. This action will allow you to differentiate between emails more easily. See the below screenshot where the messages are without any line separators.
Microsoft Outlook is a personal information manager product from Microsoft, available as a part of the Microsoft Office suite.
Although often used mainly as an email application, it also includes a calendar, task manager, contact manager, note taking, journal, and web browsing.
Earlier we discussed in this blog on adding email signature in Outlook and changing Outlook themes and make a pleasant working atmosphere.
Also read, How To Enable No Subject Warning in Microsoft Outlook
In this post let’s see how to add grid lines between email messages in Outlook. This will create a separation line between each email message in your Outlook message pane.
How to Add Grid Lines Between Emails in Outlook 2016
The below procedure is also applicable for earlier versions like Outlook 2013, 2010 and 2007.
- Launch Microsoft Outlook. (Shortcut: Press CTRL+R, Type: Outlook and Hit ENTER to Launch Outlook).
- Click View Tab.
- Now select View Settings button.
4. The View Settings window appears on the screen. Choose the “Other Settings option” from the list.
5. Find the Grid Lines and Group Headings section, and change the grid line style to either Small dots, Large dots, Dashes or Solid.
6. When you are done, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the settings.
7. Outlook will now display the line separator between emails. In the below screenshot I have used “Solid Grid Lines” to separate the mails. Make your Outlook Inbox easier to browse with better line separators.